Environmental Management Systems
EMS & ISO 14001
All companies should be embedding the environment into their business processes. An environmental management system (EMS) is a system to actively manage your environmental impacts. This can be a simple system, or something more formal, developed to the international standard ISO 14001.
EMS – Environmental Management Systems – ISO 14001
Eshcon will develop the Environmental Management System, advising on the stages of EMS implementation, conducting reviews, developing documentation, agreeing roles and responsibilities, establishing performance management systems and training staff. I will help with progression to ISO 14001 certification, and the ongoing management of the system.
The Stages of the EMS include:
- Environmental Policy
- Impacts and Legislation Review
- EMS Programme with action plan & targets
- Management System processes & documentation
- Train and Develop Teams
- Internal Audit
- Management Review
The new version of ISO 14001 must be implemented by Sept 2018. Eshcon will conduct a Gap Analysis on your existing EMS and help in your transition to the requirements of the new standard.
Part-time Environmental or EMS Manager
Eshcon can also take the role of the company’s EMS Manager, to run an already established system. A specialist to call on when needed – at the end of the phone for advice or on-site for key meetings & audits.
Environmental Action Plan
If you’re not ready for a full EMS, I will help with an initial review & recommendations:
- On-site visits & Quick Wins report of recommendations for quick and easy improvements (concentrating on energy, water, transport and waste).
- Develop Environmental Policy
- Propose targets
- Workshop involving staff to finalise activities and develop your Action Plan
Audits & Your Environmental Projects
- Audits – conduct your internal environmental audits or lead your own audit team
- Transport – travel plans & fleet management
- Procurement – review of your supply chain
- Products & Services – improve your systems and production processes.
- Tender applications – write the environmental section to increase your chances of success
- Awards submissions – help your applications for business awards. As a judge, I know what they are looking for so you tell your environmental success story well.